What color would you paint your outside pipe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

letsblaze

Feeling the Heat
I have tan siding and have a black clean out on the outside of my house with a 3 foot up pipe with a diffuser end on it. I need to do something with the color. should I just paint the whole thing black or what would you all do?
I can perhaps primer the black and get some tan paint to try to blend it in as well as the thimble.

maybe even use appliance paint in the almond color to help blend it in.

Stove Brite makes a BUNCH of colors. Bound to be one that matches your situation

I have tan siding and have a black clean out on the outside of my house with a 3 foot up pipe with a diffuser end on it. I need to do something with the color. should I just paint the whole thing black or what would you all do?
I can perhaps primer the black and get some tan paint to try to blend it in as well as the thimble.

I would try to blend it in too.

The trouble with painting the pipe is that once you paint it, you'll always have to paint it; even if you end up always liking the color.

Reactions: St_Earl
The trouble with painting the pipe is that once you paint it, you'll always have to paint it; even if you end up always liking the color.

this is how i think. i loathe painting.

Status
Not open for further replies.