What did your summer look like?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

save$

Minister of Fire
Sep 22, 2008
Chelsea Maine
My vegetable garden, not so good this year, rain and a woodchuck took a huge toll.
But my flower gardens made for a nice reflective place to sit a spell and plan for the next go around. We had some family gatherings, trips and those projects to get to.

Attachments

• DSCF3044.JPG
    DSCF3044.JPG
    363.3 KB · Views: 112
  • DSCF3125.JPG
    DSCF3125.JPG
    278.6 KB · Views: 123
  • DSCF3032.JPG
    DSCF3032.JPG
    198.1 KB · Views: 107
  • DSCF3081.JPG
    DSCF3081.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 112
  • DSCF3046.JPG
    DSCF3046.JPG
    298.7 KB · Views: 106
Dry. Very dry. I dread this month's water bill.

we got alot of rain here in NC. I think it rained about everyday from june 24th to end of july ! 28 inches over the norm.

Wow!

Ive never seen that much rain in all my life. Some of the downpours dropped as much as 5 inches an hour. My crush and run driveway was ruined several times.
But hay ! the well and ground table are definately full;). It finally stopped about 2-3 weeks ago . Maybe will get lots of snow this yr. :)

Very strange summer for north central NJ. Started out unbareably hot, then it cooled of nicely. Now its beautiful 80 high, 60 at night low humidity. If the weather stayed like this I wouldn't want to move!

Dry. Very dry. I dread this month's water bill.

Yes, my yard is very brown and dry. I should be watering the heck out of it as i am not on a meter and get charged a flat rate on my water. My wood stacks are seasoning nicely though

Definitely good wood drying weather. We never water the lawn, but have several gardens that are limping by. The fruit in the orchard is smaller this year too. I wonder if this is due to the dryness? We have had less than 0.3" rainfall since mid June. The weather other than that has been beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.