1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

what do folks use for 2 inch intake pipe

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by pellet9999, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pellet9999

pellet9999 Member

Loc:
    ny
    What do people use for the 2 inch intake pipe?? I was thinking a 2 to 3 inch adaptor,sheet metal duct pipe, and then out with 3 inch to fresh air..Home Depot has plenty of 3 inch cheap sheet metal pipe....
    couldnt find an adaptor like that online... what do you think??? I didnt see one at Home Depot either...

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. mralias

mralias Minister of Fire

Loc:
    MA
    Linky Poo Call them. They have 2" I got mine a few months ago. They ship out of NH very fast. I paid $35 for 25' and it cost $14 to ship. Part number is 2" X 25' ALUM FLEX 1TLXXXX0225 WITH ONE CLAMP. Good luck.
  3. yoscratch

yoscratch New Member

Loc:
    western New York
    i just used a piece of pvc electrical conduit.
  4. imacman

imacman Guest

I just got this in the mail. It's a carburetor pre-heater hose (2" x 3'). Should be no problem as far as heat, since this connects to the exhaust manifold of a car. Made by Niehoff, part # FE660. Relatively cheap too, I think it ended up less than $20. including tax & shipping to my door.

www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=NIE&MfrPartNumber=FE660&PartType=733&PTSet=A

Only thing you need after that is a 2" radiator hose clamp.....about a buck or less, and a piece of plastic window screen over the end to keep out bugs, dirt, etc. (Maybe a plastic dryer hood over it if you run it out the side of the house).

I'm running mine to the basement, so I'll just be using the window screen.
  5. pellet9999

pellet9999 Member

Loc:
    ny
    Bendaway A
    Single-ply helically corrugated aluminum alloy,
    Resists metal fatigue & most chemicals,
    Hand bendable and self supporting
    This is another metal hose I found at Ducting.com dont know price but it said it comes in 2-10 inches
  6. imacman

imacman Guest

Yes, I saw that site when I was searching for the air duct.

Unfortunately, for the 2"ID size, you have to buy a minimum of 5ft, and it's $8.34/ft = $41.70 + shipping (and tax?).

The auto hose I mentioned above is MUCH cheaper.
  7. pellet9999

pellet9999 Member

Loc:
    ny
    your right what a fkkkn ripoff... Im sorry I ever got near one of these stupid heaters..
  8. Metal

Metal Minister of Fire

Have you checked with the shop where you bought your stove? They surely have a coil of it in stock and will sell it by the foot.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.