what do folks use for 2 inch intake pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pellet9999

Sep 3, 2008
ny
What do people use for the 2 inch intake pipe?? I was thinking a 2 to 3 inch adaptor,sheet metal duct pipe, and then out with 3 inch to fresh air..Home Depot has plenty of 3 inch cheap sheet metal pipe....
couldnt find an adaptor like that online... what do you think??? I didnt see one at Home Depot either...

Linky Poo Call them. They have 2" I got mine a few months ago. They ship out of NH very fast. I paid $35 for 25' and it cost $14 to ship. Part number is 2" X 25' ALUM FLEX 1TLXXXX0225 WITH ONE CLAMP. Good luck.

I just got this in the mail. It's a carburetor pre-heater hose (2" x 3'). Should be no problem as far as heat, since this connects to the exhaust manifold of a car. Made by Niehoff, part # FE660. Relatively cheap too, I think it ended up less than $20. including tax & shipping to my door.

www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=NIE&MfrPartNumber=FE660&PartType=733&PTSet=A

Only thing you need after that is a 2" radiator hose clamp.....about a buck or less, and a piece of plastic window screen over the end to keep out bugs, dirt, etc. (Maybe a plastic dryer hood over it if you run it out the side of the house).

I'm running mine to the basement, so I'll just be using the window screen.

Bendaway A
Single-ply helically corrugated aluminum alloy,
Resists metal fatigue & most chemicals,
Hand bendable and self supporting
This is another metal hose I found at Ducting.com dont know price but it said it comes in 2-10 inches

pellet9999 said:
Bendaway A
Single-ply helically corrugated aluminum alloy,
Resists metal fatigue & most chemicals,
Hand bendable and self supporting
This is another metal hose I found at Ducting.com dont know price but it said it comes in 2-10 inches

Yes, I saw that site when I was searching for the air duct.

Unfortunately, for the 2"ID size, you have to buy a minimum of 5ft, and it's $8.34/ft = $41.70 + shipping (and tax?).

The auto hose I mentioned above is MUCH cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.