1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

What do I know when/ how to control flu draft?

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by kshultz, Oct 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kshultz

kshultz New Member

Loc:
    Southern NH
    Well tonight I just fired up for the first time my wood boiler. A lot of hard work & planning finally paying off, my wife thinks I'm totally crazy! I get sooo excited. Anyway, do I need to buy an instrament or something to know what my flu draft is? I have a solid pipe from my boiler to the flue with no test ports/holes...yet. Can you give me some suggestions please. I don't have the recommended draft on hand but I know that it is listed in the owners manual. Thank You, Kevin

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. mysticfalcon

mysticfalcon New Member

Loc:
    Northern VT
    For a wood boiler you really shouldn't have a barometric damper. Basically you just want to use the damper on the boiler. On mine I leave it open untill my chimney starts really pulling and then Ive got to shut it almost all the way. Whenever I completely close it smoke starts coming out the secondary air ports. Nice looking boiler. I love mine. Havent burned a drop of oil for heat or hot water in 2 weeks but I am very quickly wishing that I had the money for storage.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.