What do people use for drawing system diagrams?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

varadhammo

Sep 28, 2014
Lexington, VA
I see some nice schematics on here and I wonder what software (particularly free or open source) people use. I know there's Dia (open source) but I haven't found a library of hydronics symbols for it (I don't have the time or patience to make my own :)). I also have Microsoft Visio, is there a free collection of symbols available? Other options?

Thanks

u mean not like this??? lol

Attachments

• IMG_0041 (2).JPG
    IMG_0041 (2).JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 218
I normally use Vizio. I don't know if they are extra, but mine has a bunch of electrical, mechanical, etc... Symbols.

if you go with Visio I can send you a collection of common Hydronic and Solar stencils. If you have Microsoft Office, you probably have Visio.

Attachments

• Visio.png
    Visio.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 1,213
  • Visio solar.png
    Visio solar.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 464
I used Taco's free HSS. It does calculations and helps you select components. You can't draw exactly what you want to, however.

if you go with Visio I can send you a collection of common Hydronic and Solar stencils
I have Visio, and I also would greatly appreciate this collection of images. Where did you acquire these from? Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.