What do they Weigh????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NordicSplitter

Minister of Fire
May 22, 2011
Western,NY
Picked up some good size rounds of Black Locust the other day. They stand about 18" high and have a diameter of about 20". Went and got (2) 2x10x8's from the lumber yard to make a ramp for my minivan. They rolled up just fine and rolled down even easier. Couldn't lift them by myself, so I improvised with the ramp. With those dimensions....any guesses on how much they may weigh??? Grabbed 8 and that was all the minivan could hold. Going back for the other 7 in the morning.

A round of locust that size probably weighs around 100lbs or more each, if the wood is green. Great firewood, get all you can.

WOW, No wonder I struggled with those big oak rounds I scrounged last year, they were 24-30 inches in diamter and 18 inches long.
Heh heh. Yeah, I don't even mess with trying to move big ones any more, I just split 'em down to where I can carry the chunks.

Status
Not open for further replies.