What do you do when you look in the hopper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glenc0322

Minister of Fire
Dec 30, 2011
long Island NY
I like to flatten the pellets out so they look even. Then when they get to 2/3 empty Add more. then flatten them. I think I have OCD with the hopper

i run my fingers thru them and just smile......:cool:

Reactions: Jason Knapp
I like to flatten the pellets out so they look even. Then when they get to 2/3 empty Add more. then flatten them. I think I have OCD with the hopper
Sounds like my ritual!

I am with "imacman" , pull the side pellets up to the middle to form a mountain directly over auger opening.

Reactions: CTguy9230
all of the above... flatten, run my fingers through the mix.. and then smile :)

When I max out the hopper I level then check later and make the "imacman pellet mountain" for max pellet burn time. Love the fine settings on the Englander as one can purchase premium pellets and tweak a 20 to 24 hour burn from a 40 lb bag of pellets. Cubex really burn hot....

Pellet mountain.....and sometimes I curse when I bang my head off the metal lantern hanging above the stove.

No pellet mountain here....leveler and yes break the long ones that I see. Not many at all this year as the MWP have been very consistent !

Pellet mountain combined with the long pellet assault!

I curse when the Rangers beat the Bruins, GO B's
P38X2, You Best move that lantern..

P38 Is that in reference to the old TV38 Boston Bruins broadcasts? back in the day with Fred Cusick and Derrick Sanderson, Man they were great Bruins game commentators.

Reactions: Lfdp13RET
im also a flattener ,breaker and i always fill the hopper to the max .

I curse when the Rangers beat the Bruins, GO B's
P38X2, You Best move that lantern..

P38 Is that in reference to the old TV38 Boston Bruins broadcasts? back in the day with Fred Cusick and Derrick Sanderson, Man they were great Bruins game commentators.

Those guys were the best! Period. Irreplaceable. Glad Dale Arnold isn't calling games on TV anymore. I do like the current combo of Brickley and Edwards. Jack Edwards is a riot. Don't poke the bear!

P38X2 is in reference to my twin stoves.

Slowly building up a callous from the lantern ;)

I think what do is called fondling.

Yup pull them down level them then look at the time why I dont know because i cant remember the time it was the last time

Hopper half empty gets filled. Push the pellets to the sides and back then fill and level.

You folks are gonna go blind..touching yer pellets like that! Now excuse me while I go check my hopper :)

I'm to the point where I need glasses ;)

Those guys were the best! Period. Irreplaceable. Glad Dale Arnold isn't calling games on TV anymore. I do like the current combo of Brickley and Edwards. Jack Edwards is a riot. Don't poke the bear!

P38X2 is in reference to my twin stoves.

Slowly building up a callous from the lantern ;)

Agree, NO DALE BORING ARNOLD! and the Brick, Edwards combo are great,
I hear Marty Turco is back in Dallas doing commentary for the Stars,
Ok Bruins. but now back to pellets as this is a pellet head web site. I.M. me or what ever its called if you want to talk hockey ok. so we don't get pellets thrown at us. LOL hahahaha...

Status
Not open for further replies.