What do you do when you look in the hopper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a leveler too, but the funniest thing is, the wife is now hooked on leveling the pellets in the hopper. Maybe that's why its warmer in my house now......;)

This is interesting...I was cracking a joke earlier, but in all honesty I can't walk by my stove without opening the hopper and checking the level. I'll either level the pellets w/my hand, top it off (then level it!), or as was mentioned earlier - if it's real low (and can't top it off at the moment), mound it up right over the auger intake - lol - is human nature that predictable? Pfft, witchcraft I say!

Push the pellets down, pretty much a must with the mt Vernon if you want to fit more than half a bag at a time.

Constantly move the pellets to the left and mountain over the auger entry way. In loading the hopper to the brim, I have a "loaf pattern" as the pellets are mounded the length of the hopper. Looks just like a crowned roadway of pelletation.....

Reactions: The Ds
Think we all have issues lol but it is fun to move the pellets around

I level them as well, and then I climb on top of the stove and use my foot to pack the pellets tighter, so I can fit more! Belive that I will tell you another one LOL;)

Reactions: Xena
Soooooo lame...
I like to open up the lid and flatten out the pellets nice and smooth, like an artist's canvas. Then, with my index and middle finger, I draw a picture of Al Roker. Then, I turn up the feed rate on high and as the pellets drop, I watch him get skinnier and skinnier. Guys, I live in a really slow town....

I add pellets and iff I add to many, I stab my fingers into them to compress them until the top will close tight.

I fall into all of these categories! I fill and level, run my fingers through them, make a big pellet mound directly over the auger and SMILE!!!! I'm glad I'm no the only one!!!!!

Funny stuff

Hahaha, laughing so hard I nearly peed! If some of you aren't kidding well you might try just dumping in a bag, closing the lid, and walking away.

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
What do you do when you look in the hopper ?

Cuss and curse and wish winter was over ! :p

I whisper words of encouragement and thank each individual pellet by name.

Xena, Are you sure you don't touch em? Come on fess up! ==c

poolguyinct made me think of a beatle's tune. Maybe I'll sing it to mine later today! :p

Not sure about all this hopper OCD thing :eek:
We burn hazelnut shells and most hoppers do not let this stuff slide/roll/fall down well, and the center of the load falls into to auger, but the outer sides tend to hang up.
We fill the hopper and heap it up in the center as far as the lid will allow.

No big deal, just something that has to be done is all. No OCD or getting anal at all.

Twice a day thing.

Snowy

I'm not sure what I do.

I'll go and open the hopper to find out. If I do anything stranger than you guys, I'll let you know.....

Reactions: Xena
I cram my hand though the narrow opening and push the pellets to the back of the stove. It helps me get more in, and when its not full they fall straight to the auger.
Who designed the opening on some of these things?

I'm not sure what I do.

I'll go and open the hopper to find out. If I do anything stranger than you guys, I'll let you know.....
I just checked.

I push "Back, and to the left, Back, and to the left".

Those are some magic pellets.

Status
Not open for further replies.