What do you do when you run out of wood??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmonSTART

Minister of Fire
Find some free dry pine on CL!! Well, mostly dry. It's all in round form, but it's been down for a couple years now. Some of the larger rounds are probably a little damp still, but the smaller ones are nice and dry. So far, my BK is happy again!! Good thing I found this too, because I was down to my very last armload of wood!

Attachments

• 2011-03-28_18-23-19_481.jpg
    2011-03-28_18-23-19_481.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 357
Good deal - keep the beast fed! Cheers!

Looks like that will feed her till next November. I know what you mean by dry after a few years with the pine in full rounds. This load,(posted these pics before) pine and spruce was all below 18%. Good on ya.

Attachments

• little helper.jpg
    little helper.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 334
I was down to burning the short rounds that I use for spliting blocks. Luckly it hadn't rained for a week or so and the nights were getting down to about 20 so I took the tractor and
wagon to the woods sunday morn. and got a nice load. Almost got stuck in a low spot in some crp ground by the woods with a full load on the wagon but got out. I only sunk down in that one spot.Tore a nice rut. Got plenty of dry white ash to get me by now.

Hey cmonSTART, now don't forget to get next year's wood on hand really soon. Give it time to dry. Better yet, get 2 years ahead....or 3.

north of 60 said:
Looks like that will feed her till next November. I know what you mean by dry after a few years with the pine in full rounds. This load,(posted these pics before) pine and spruce was all below 18%. Good on ya.

Looks like a young SmokinJay! :lol:

Gary

What do you do when you run out of wood??
I get cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.