What Do You Do With The Short Pieces?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep em with my bark if there really small and/or twisted. Burn it all!

Short stuff can also be split down further to help get a fire going again if it nearly goes out.

Just thinking of one or two cold mornings here last Winter.... ;-)

I used to ponder that same question...so I built this:

6'x8'x3' bin out of PT lumber. Base consists of sand (area used to be an old sand box) with pallets on top. I leveled the area and added the retaining wall. I would have just built something out of free pallets but my wife did not approve of that.

Before:
IMAG00031-1.jpg

After:
woodbin.jpg

I bag mine now. Burlap will breathe and I can get them FOC.

Attachments

• tree54.jpg
    tree54.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 136
Oh i love em, first year i hot alot due to not having any and buddies lending a hand by giving me the junk. I found it to burn like bits of coal. That and you can really pack a stove with them alone or mixing. But yes a pallet bin of sorts wotks best for storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.