What do you guys think of this stove...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Neil! Interesting looking stove. Jotul is a highly regarded manufacturer. If you like the stove, then by all means look into it. Will it do what you need a stove to do in terms of providing sufficient heat output for the space you're looking to heat? Do you have a suitable location for it in your home? There's more to a stove than looks...but looks certainly matter. Rick

fossil said:
Welcome Neil! Interesting looking stove. Jotul is a highly regarded manufacturer. If you like the stove, then by all means look into it. Will it do what you need a stove to do in terms of providing sufficient heat output for the space you're looking to heat? Do you have a suitable location for it in your home? There's more to a stove than looks...but looks certainly matter. Rick

Thanks for responce Pyro, I am in the UK and live in a swedish cedar house with cedar shingles...I had a rayburn wood fuelled cooker in a large alcove which I have sold as it was to big and ugly very very old...I have a 7 metre solid brick chimney stack which I am relining and this Jotul will sit quite nice in the centre of the alcove.

Neil said:
...it was to big and ugly very very old...

That's what my wife keeps saying about me. %-P Any way that you could post some pics? Your home sounds lovely, I'd like to see it and see the alcove where the stove will sit. Rick

Got it by copy/paste into the browser (didn't come through on the forum). Actually, I really like that old ugly stove...but that alcove will make for a stunning setting for the Jotul you're looking at. Is it (the stove) sized right (heat output-wise) for the area you're hoping to heat? Rick

fossil said:
Got it by copy/paste into the browser (didn't come through on the forum). Actually, I really like that old ugly stove...but that alcove will make for a stunning setting for the Jotul you're looking at. Is it (the stove) sized right (heat output-wise) for the area you're hoping to heat? Rick

2.5 to 9kw...optimal 6kw

I have a large room and just wanted a woodburner and turn my central heating off (sooo expensive)
wanted a cleanburn and this seems pretty efficient.

Go for it, Neil, it's a beautiful stove. Make sure the installation's a safe one with all required clearances met. Looking forward to more pics. Rick

fossil said:
Go for it, Neil, it's a beautiful stove. Make sure the installation's a safe one with all required clearances met. Looking forward to more pics. Rick

Thanks Rick, I am a recently retired firefighter of 25 years....so will do it the right way.
Have done loads of research and even have a logstore outside to the laughter of my wife and daughter.....it becomes an obsession.

Very unique looking stoves and nice flame show. Can you get those in the USA?

Those modern line jotuls are cool. They aren't advertised on the USA site so I'm guessing we can't use them here. I'm guessing they aren't UL listed or something. The resemble the Scan stoves a little but Jotul seems to have more choices and I like the way they look better.

very fancy stove! i'm sure it will look nice in its future home. and you being a retired firefighter your not gonna skimp on the safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.