1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

What do you guys use for a rake?

Post in 'The Gear' started by jqgs214, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jqgs214

jqgs214 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Riverhead, NY
    Looking for something for the wood stove that will rake the coals out of the ash, kina like a steel garden rake for removing rocks from dirt. Have not been able to find a small version for the stove. Any suggestions. I have seen the "standard" stove rake and dont think the "valleys" are deep enough not to pull the ash.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. GVA

GVA Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Waxhaw, NC... Formerly North shore Mass
  3. Gooserider

Gooserider Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Northeastern MA (near Lowell)
    I had a friend that moved from a house to an apt. so we ended up with a lot of her stuff - this included a set of small garden implements that she may have gotten at a Christmas Tree Shop or other such place - I would describe them as kiddy toy grade and size blades on small adult sized wooden handles. The rake was about 6-8" wide, and I couldn't imagine using it for anything out side, so I took the wooden handle off and jammed a peice of scrap 1/2" steel pipe that I had laying around into the socket... Works well, and cost was basically zero.

Gooserider
  4. keyman512us

keyman512us Member

Loc:
    North Worc. CTY MA
    I read the thread topic and said "Deja-Vu"....Is it just me or has this question been posted numerous times???

NE-ne-nena-nena..."You have now entered The TwiHearthlight Zone..." lol ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.