what do YOU store your pellets in?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

H20 Boro

Jul 17, 2008
Waterboro, Maine
Ive seen pics of fancy glass cylinders and such near a stove, but Im looking for something a little more rustic.
I will be storing my pellets in my basement (which is dry) but im looking for something to dump the pellets into upstairs.

any suggestions on where to look for this newbie??
thanks

The big copper wash bin to the left of my stove.
My Mother got it at a yard sale back in the 70's.
Parents would store logs in it when we used the
fireplace way back when. It holds 80lbs of pellets.
I'd say try yard and barn sales. Lots of those going on
in Maine I'm sure.

stcroix-003.jpg

H20 Boro said:
nice! ...will definetly search yard sales.

yeah.....you can be pretty creative in what you find for a ppellet pail. :) good luck in the yard saleing :)

Coal pails look nice and they are cheap. Very easy to handle.

Eric

i dont do anything special, i have a plastic bin right next to the stove i fill up, i have the same setup at my mothers house.

dad has the bags in the same vicinity as the stove and just adds one when he needs it.

I have a Log Home style house with a rustic theme. What I have been doing is storing the pellets downstairs and using those holiday pop corn tins for pellets at the stove. I keep 2 tins at the stove. I have one that is real nice from Walmart that came with the 3 types of pop corn. It's got a fishing scene on the outside, and I have another with just a winter scene. I keep 2 others on the steps of the basement.

They are easy to load the stove for my wife and hold just about a half a bag, 18 pounds. They look good at the house and are easy to handle. Cost is very cheap.

Normally I dump the pellets into the hopper right from the bag and
use a coal hod to hold any extra. The coal hod holds about 1/3 of the bag
and looks decent sitting next to the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.