what do you think about Danson stoves i think i got an awesome deal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kimbre

Dec 7, 2010
ont. canada
I WANT TO BE A PELLET PIG ....
I think i just got an awesome deal 2 tons of lg pellets (90 bags) for $200. and the guy threw in a danson pellet stove also what are they like. He said the pellet auger isn't working but i thought it would be a good stove to try to fix any ideas on the stove..likes-dislikes.

kimbre
Harman burning lg's right now
Whitfield burning lg's also

Cheap stoves but get the job done. Before installing it put a mask on and blow it out with compressed air alot of times people get rid of stoves because of cleaning issues.

90 Bags for $ 200 is a hell of a deal and the stove is just a bonus, Nice haul. :)

Yep, I agree....a great deal. And the auger may not be turning due to a bad or clogged vacuum switch or vacuum switch tubing.....clean everything and then try a test fire. Might fire right up.

If not, and the auger motor really IS bad, they can be had fairly cheaply. Gleason-Avery units go for about $70

I have burned many tons through my Danson Glowboy Insert, not the prettiest stove on the market but a great stove that can be adjusted to burn just about any pellet.

We had a PelPro for 4 yrs. in a previous house. It was trouble free. After finding Somerset pellets, it would go 4-5 days between cleanings.

Status
Not open for further replies.