WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT PENNINGTON NATURES HEAT SOLD AT LOWES AND HOME DEPOT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m heating about 3300 square feet and did not know how much I needed to stock up on. Since Home Depot had the best prices by far I figured I buy a lot and try it out. As I don’t want to spend $5 plus for a gallon of oil when my contract runs out next month. I have twin 330 gallon takes, you do the math.

I paid $3914 installed for a QuadraFire MountVernon AE free standing stove and just have it installed last Friday.

My thinking is that the heat will blow into the foyer and rise up to the air condition returns then I can run the fan to distribute the heat through the house.

kilarney said:
Quality varies. There is a good chance that these will be fine. Pennington has made (IMO) some junk, but they seem to be listening to the consumers. This year will be a real test as far as I'm concerned. I'm cautiously optimistic - although I chose a different brand this year.

I just called them and spoke with a lady and expressed my concern after reading all the post on this board. She was a little apprehensive but assured me that the “issues” had been corrected.

I hope so, the guys at home depot told me these where the best pellets they have ever had.

Will see soon enough.

I received a letter today from Pennington from a guy named Mike Auge in customer service, the letter basically said sorry for last year's problems and buy a bag on us now at no charge to try it out again. Kudos to them, I will do it. Something to think about I guess. The letter came with a feedback survey on the new bag also, again, you have to give this company some credit. In burning pellets many years, I have NEVER seen this type of customer service.

GotzTheHotz said:
I received a letter today from Pennington from a guy named Mike Auge in customer service, the letter basically said sorry for last year's problems and buy a bag on us now at no charge to try it out again. Kudos to them, I will do it. Something to think about I guess. The letter came with a feedback survey on the new bag also, again, you have to give this company some credit. In burning pellets many years, I have NEVER seen this type of customer service.

glad to hear it , and very happy you posted it , you are doing them as good a service as they have done for you. ive watched this thread unfold and i do have to say im quite impressed with the way they have handled themselves as a company through the issues they had last season. if i see any around in my area im going to buy some and see how they do myself. if they have the pellets up to the level of the service they provide they should be really top notch.

do the survey , be honest, thats the best way to let them know how they are doing.

GotzTheHotz said:

I received the same letter. They definitely have one of the best customer service/relations departments I've ever dealt with.

slvrblkk said:
GotzTheHotz said:

I received the same letter. They definitely have one of the best customer service/relations departments I've ever dealt with.

Ya and who would have thought from a pellet company either....

I will take pictures of this years pellets as soon as i take shippment sometime tommorow from home depot.

I have a bag of Energex that the dealer that installed my stove left me and they dont seem to burn that hot even with the house at 80'.

I just got 3 tons of natures heat from Lowes today.i'll post pics later. they seem nice and dry when i re-stacked them.they are darker in color.

johnnywarm said:
I just got 3 tons of natures heat from Lowes today.i'll post pics later. they seem nice and dry when i re-stacked them.they are darker in color.

I'm very interested to know how they burn for you. Last year I purchased them from two different stores. One source had very light colored pellets with a LOT of dust. They burned ok but I spent too much time vacuuming the dust. The other source's pellets were quite dark in color. They didn't produce as much heat as the lighter pellets and the clinkers they created were god awful. I found myself having to slow the burn down every couple of hours to manually remove clinkers. I tried mixing them with other brands just to get rid of them.

jackovalltrades said:
johnnywarm said:

I'm very interested to know how they burn for you. Last year I purchased them from two different stores. One source had very light colored pellets with a LOT of dust. They burned ok but I spent too much time vacuuming the dust. The other source's pellets were quite dark in color. They didn't produce as much heat as the lighter pellets and the clinkers they created were god awful. I found myself having to slow the burn down every couple of hours to manually remove clinkers. I tried mixing them with other brands just to get rid of them.

Update!!! I went to pickup the two last tons and they loaded me up with Pres-to-logs Pellets. they seem to be the same in color but smell stronger.i will have pics of both brands tonight.

I hope they burn better then what i'm reading here last night.

Jw

i'm having a problem with posting pics? let me figure it out.

Do they have a lot # on the bag? Its a little white sticker on the bag. I got some with the lot# on them and they were great but the bags with out the lot# were horrible the ones I posted in the pictures.

jackovalltrades said:
johnnywarm said:

ill let you know how they do.

I just bought 3 tons from Sams Club so I sure hope they are decent. The NLL pellets they had last year were fine and dandy. These penningtons I have are date stamped 7/29 and I got them on the 1st so they must have come straight from the mill.

my natures heat & pres to logs seem very fresh or very dry. they re staked great.

Driz said:
I just bought 3 tons from Sams Club so I sure hope they are decent. The NLL pellets they had last year were fine and dandy. These penningtons I have are date stamped 7/29 and I got them on the 1st so they must have come straight from the mill.

I just saw these at my local Sam's Club this weekend. $ 3.88/bag ($194/ton) I was surprise, that was the price they sold for last year.

i was at depot and saw freedom pellets for 2.49/ 124.5/ton but the bags at the store are NOT the same as the press to logs bags pictured on their site
for that price how bad can they be??

thats what everyone is saying, one relpy was "i dont care if they are made of bran flakes i'd buy them for that price" lol
my big question is this, do i still buy the ton my dealer is offering me energex for 300/ton?
or do i just get a few tons at depot??

Personally and although I’m not an expert my any stretch of the imagination I could make an educated guess that buying the $124 per ton is a better investment than $300 per ton.

The other brand may not burn at “hot” as the energex, it may have more clinkers, it may have more fines…. Whatever to me it’s worth the saving.

I would go with the cheaper brand.

some say dont put all your eggs in one basket, for piece of mind i am considering getting a ton from each and having the option of mixing them if one is not as good as the other...

Sure I understand do what ever works best for you. I like to save money and any monies im not putting into big oil is money well spent.

cheaply made pellets you will burn more or faster.you will not be as warm as you would with the top brands.last year was the first year i was not happy with the pellets that i got a deal on.but i guess its to each his own.

johnnywarm said:
cheaply made pellets you will burn more or faster.you will not be as warm as you would with the top brands.last year was the first year i was not happy with the pellets that i got a deal on.but i guess its to each his own.

Have you tested out an natures heat yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.