WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT PENNINGTON NATURES HEAT SOLD AT LOWES AND HOME DEPOT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't burn a bag of Pennington's if they were given to me. I grabbed a couple bags last year and found them to be the worst pellet that I had ever seen. High fines, high ash, and low heat. The pellets were over 1.5" in length and had a really low bulk density which probably led to the increased amount of fines due to low durability.

Must be nice to pick and chose your pellets. I live on eastern Long Island and I take what I can get. I have had my stove for 2 years and burned 3 different brands of pellets, green team, american wood fiber and penningtons. The penningtons have the most fines by far and leave more ash but while burning them at the highest setting on my stove I get 25 degrees hotter air than green team or awf. I dont get the same results while burning the pellets at the lowest setting. The penningtons dont burn quite as hot on low as the other two for some reason.

Just droppn a quick note.
Seems that Pennington has got there QC probs IN CHECK ..i picked up 10 bags to try after my local Lowes had ran out of the brand I have been burning (Potomac Premium yellow pine).
so far I have been through 5 bags ..here is my review.
Length seems good ..NO LONG ONES..most right at 1/2 to 3/4" give or take.
Fines ..NO worse than any other I have burned.
FEEL is good ...smooth an NO STICKIES.
Color is dark brown with a pleasant odor.
heat output seems to be in the upper range with no noticable increase in ash.
most Notable is that my Glass has stayed cleaner by 3 fold over the last few days compared to the other pellets i have burned...wonder what is up with that ?
Just noting that my Local lowes has bought 4 or 5 pallets of these left on stock ..an if they bring the price down at all I will buy a pallet.
Just tossin out a honest update.
Tim

Okanagan's/Turman's/Barefoots/Green Team/Somerset/Dragon Mtn./Spruce Pts./Pure Fire:
Heading out to East PA from N NJ on Wednesday afternoon.

I never burned any of these pellets & want to give them a try.
Looking for suppliers on my way out to Nazareth PA. From North New Jersey.
You from Jersey? I'm from Jersey?!?!?!
Will be traveling 80W thru NJ & on 611/512/191 thru Bangor on into Nazareth PA.

These are hard to get in NJ.
Hoping someone could point me in the right direction :cheese:

Status
Not open for further replies.