What do you think of the Hearthstone Homestead?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I put the down payment on the stove and Im going to order the wood. I emailed them today and they are telling me the wood I will be buying is all hardwoods and It was cut split and stacked in the Fall of 2007. all 16-18 inch lengths. He will sell me 3 cords delivered for $525 cash. he just dumps it I have to stack it. I think that sounds like a good deal. He would stack all the cords for an additional 90 bucks but I need to save the money and I dont mind the work. Im going to get it delivered the week after the 4th of july. I hope the wood is as good as he says it is. Wow this is exciting. IM already looking for free green wood to split and stack and season so I wont have to buy so much in the future.

Sounds great. Heating with wood is a great lifestyle . . . although it is definitely not for everyone.

If you don't have much experience with wood, you might be surprised how much space 3 cords actually takes up.. You might consider stacking some of the wood in the Holz Haufen (Hauzen) style. A search on that name here will yield good info. HH is a good space saver. I've build 2, a 5 ft T, 6.25 ft diameter and a 6T X 6.25ft diameter. The larger holds a bit more than 1.5 cords of wood. Should save space and dry at a reasonable pace. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.