What do you think of these prices

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hoogy

Mar 22, 2008
vermont
What do you think of these prices. Got this from local stove and pellet dealer:

New England Blend $219.00 Per ton,
Maine Woods Blend $224.00 Per Ton.
Northern Hardwoods $230.00 Per Ton
Turman Hardwoods for $256.00 per Ton!

Looking for good and bad results

I think the Northern are the same as Cubex. That's a great price if that's true. I just bought 4 tons of Turman for $249, which is a good price around here. The Northerns would be my vote (after you try a few, of course!)

I think I know the dealer you got those prices from, I just got some NEWP off them about 10 days ago. I have also gotten 2 tons of the Northerns off them over the last 10 weeks. I am a HUGE fan if those Northerns and plan on getting at least 2 or 3 tons of those. They are a sister brand of Cubex and I think produced at the same mill in Canada. They burn really nice in my stove and kept us toasty over the COLD Jan, Feb and March months.

I find it funny that I can get stuff from Canada and Maine cheaper than the stuff made here in VT.

Status
Not open for further replies.