What do you think

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

etiger2007

Minister of Fire
Feb 8, 2012
Clio Michigan
Thursday I stuffed the damper area and sealed off the ss liner with Roxul and stuck some on both sides of the unit not covering up any air ports , I will add the sheet metal to the block off plate shortly. Well I thought I would have to watch out for an overfire more closely because prior to adding the insulation my insert stove top would hit 600 so fast. This is not the case, It seems like more of a chore to get the stove top to 600 post insulation, I can get there as measured with the IR gun just takes more time ( 250 at reload to 600 = 40 minutes or so) I just dont get it but I really like the fact its more of a controlled burn, the unit has great secondaries and Im burning clean with no smoke, I checked the liner for holes or dents and all looks good, my liner is spic and span because I cleaned againe today and the stove acts the same. Could the insert have been drawing in too much air before? , I dont know, but I like it.

Attachments

• chimney 007.JPG
    chimney 007.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 127
  • chimney 012.JPG
    chimney 012.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 120
Likely an air intake in the back somewhere for something ain't breathing as well now.

With Green's advise i did check the appliance connector, I used a Bic lighter around it and found three spots where it sucked my flame down, I suffed it with Roxul for now and will cement it later. We were unsure if this was the issue. Just wanted to open it up to the forum

Right on Ed! You'll notice a big difference and like you stated, the stove will be more controllable.

Status
Not open for further replies.