What do you use your empty pellet bags for??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Used them as landscape fabric when I remulched around the house last season, some used in kitchen garbage some, excess to landfill. No recycling of these yet in my City.

Trash bags, Kitty pan liners, packing material for shipping boxes and the rest go in to single stream recycling dumpster.

I had a few bags stapled to the wall as wall paper, But wifey said no way! :-/

I'm thinking about a table at the next Christmas Craft Sale, selling "green" custom hats made from the pellet bags.

skidozer said:
I made a slip cover for my couch out of them. New window coverings next few bags.
rotfl Very stylish. :lol:

SmokeyTheBear said:
Empty pellet bag bags ;-).

Ayuh, same here, then give 'em to the guy down the road. He's got a woodstove, uses 'em fer kindlin'. Usually git a dozen or so empty bags into one, and they're pretty light, so just wait fer a day when the wind's just right and set it out in the yard, blows right down to him.

hossthehermit said:
SmokeyTheBear said:

Ayuh, same here, then give 'em to the guy down the road. He's got a woodstove, uses 'em fer kindlin'. Usually git a dozen or so empty bags into one, and they're pretty light, so just wait fer a day when the wind's just right and set it out in the yard, blows right down to him.
LOL They do burn good though once you can get them to light. :)

I also like the landscape fabric idea. I have several areas that I just don't want anything to grow, so that's a good thought.

Haubera said:
hossthehermit said:
SmokeyTheBear said:

LOL They do burn good though once you can get them to light. :)

I also like the landscape fabric idea. I have several areas that I just don't want anything to grow, so that's a good thought.

Just this afternoon I took two trash cans full of bags of empty pellet bags and such to the recycle station.

It mounts up fast when you burn pellets and feed chickens. Still working on filling up a can with actual trash, trash. I also have one full of wood pieces (pine) that my daughter takes to her father in law to be used as kindling.

I've got to build a small storage shed to get things like the mower, snow blower, backup snow blower, gas grill, outside tables and chairs in. That is next springs building project (aka make room for more pellets, etc ...) .

A friend of mine runs his through a home made hammer mill and makes pellets with them and burns them in his stove. He also makes them with dried leaves junk mail and grass clippings as well. I'm saving mine to make some with my bags to see how they work.

I have two Saint Bernards .. I like the dog poop idea, thanks!

I have two Saint Bernards .. I like the dog poop idea, thanks!

Utilitrack said:
Used them as landscape fabric when I remulched around the house last season, some used in kitchen garbage some, excess to landfill. No recycling of these yet in my City.

I just might use that idea. I have a few areas I'm tired of pulling up rose of sharon seedlings!

Landscape fabric to increase the veggie garden and of course....cheap and fast sled for the kids (adults, too)...sit down, hold on and doooown the hill...

I have 2 Labs that produce a lot of waste. The empty bags work good for collection and disposal!

Our local grocery store recycle plastic bags, I asked about bringing the pellet bags and they said yes.....so every week, they get recyled there. The local recycler does everything but plastic bags....don't know why, but the grocery store will.

skidozer said:
GOING TO USE MINE TO WRAP THE CHRISTMAS PRESENTS

thats a great idea but that wouldn'y work so well for me because turman bags a clear..lol the inlaws take my bags and use them for trash..

Right into the trash of course...lol.... How else do we get our next ski slope?

cat900 said:
Don2222 said:
Hello

We use ours for the recycled trash. Then take it all to the landfill.

What do you use them for?
Same here-I dont buy many trash bags between November&April;
I'm also using them as trash bags but they are building up as I can't recycle them free at our transfer station.

Status
Not open for further replies.