What does it cost for wood in your neck of the woods?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kiln Dried $145.00 / Cord Picked up
Delivered $165 or 2 for $330.00
Mostly everything else is $150.00 delivered (green.)

However Neighbor just told me he is dropping two huge maples and will ask the company to leave the wood :)

$50 a rick (4 Foot by 8 foot)

I used 10 rick last winter but I cut it my self.

$200 always for any type of wood, and it never really close to a full cord. I keep trying and trying to find a good dealer. The log lengths I got averaged out to about $180 a cord but there where so many nails in the wood I bought about $40 worth of chain, plus all the time I spent. Right now though I can get one of those not really a cord of oak deliveries for about $170. That is if it ever stops raining.

We get about $150-175 for a cord of "seasoned" wood. That wood is not seasoned but we all know that. Lately a few local restaurants have wood fired ovens so I suppose someone is selling kiln dried wood. My wife and I had dinner at a nice restaurant last winter and they seated us right in front of the fireplace. Problem was, their wood just sizzled like wet bacon. The poor host had to keep adding paper to get it to burn. My wife just kept saying "let it go".

Reactions: Seanm and billb3
We've got a couple guys here who sell C/S/D cottonwood for $100-$150. But, the best deal is having a semi haul in a load of pine for $900. That will net you approx. 16-20 cords (4x4x8). Obviously, that's not C/S/S.

Status
Not open for further replies.