What door gasket for BK Princess Insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DodgyNomad

Minister of Fire
Dec 19, 2009
West Michigan
Wondering where also, don't have a local dealer, thanks.

Call Blaze King, they will send you one out since you don't have a dealer. You could PM BKVP, he would point you in the right direction.

The BK stuff is a high density gasket, if I remember right from previous conversations it's three ropes inside one another. I've seen posted previously that the gasket comes from Mid Mountain, not sure you'll have any luck sourcing it local or in a small amount. I'd think the best bet is to contact BK as webby has suggested.

The gasket I got was from the now defunct dealer, and was in an unmarked bag, but it fit nicely. Does seem to be compressed now, and I've had to fluff it a bit with a pick to get it to come full, and had to tighten the door.

I'll get a new BK gasket when I go through the stove with the R&R on the cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.