What Englander Model is this?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amkazen

Dec 29, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
Hi,

There is a stove for sale on the Albuquerque Craigslist that the seller says is an Englander. However, he does not know what model it is, nor the year. It looks like an insert to me. Do any of you have a clue what this stove is? Thanks.

Attachments

• Stove.jpg
    Stove.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 1,162
the unit is a "28-c" side loading hearth model , its pre-epa, that series (as well as the 26-c (which had just 3 heat tubes in the keystone top)) were produced from about 1980 through about 1988. the unit is virtually all 1/4 inch plate steel , and will probably be around well past when the sun finally dies out. i guess you would classify it as a "smoke dragon" as its not catalytic or non-cat reburn , be advised if you go to pick it up , better bring the football team, she be quite heavy

You would think that a guy asking $800 for something would take a few extra seconds to take a better picture. A little bit of light and getting it in focus might have helped.

I don't know much about these old "Classic Stoves" ;OP but I think he's nuts thinking he's going to get $800 for it.

-SF

SlyFerret said:
You would think that a guy asking $800 for something would take a few extra seconds to take a better picture. A little bit of light and getting it in focus might have helped.

I don't know much about these old "Classic Stoves" ;OP but I think he's nuts thinking he's going to get $800 for it.

-SF

actually sly , thats likely what the uit sold new for , or within a couple hundred bucks. its not worth half that IMHO unless its practically new, would be better to look for a 30 on clearance for about the same amount and get a modern epa unit with all the bells and whistles

Only reason I didn't buy it at J.E. Rice Hardware in 1985 was the side loading door.

For quite a while there was an ad for an old Timberline stove on Craigslist that used the same made up numbers: "new models sell for $1500" or the like. As if anyone is selling new smoke dragons anymore, or that the price in the 1980's is in any way relevant in 2007. He seemed to be reducing the price about $50 each repost, although he would sometimes forget to make the prices in the title and text match.

Status
Not open for further replies.