what happens when?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gripper93

Oct 1, 2009
central ohio
I have a 25 pdvc eng. From stove 45 then 6 feet straight pipe out the wall I use 3 extra feet to keep the black off the house. I would like to know what happens when you restrict the air flow on the oak from the outside using tape? I am wondering if it can increase temp from stove. My settings are 4-4-1 on heat 1. I blocked half of it and the stove is running a blowing temp ( using a meat therm. Hanging in front of it) of around 250 I also just put a new dayton top auger motor on it and used the leaf blower clean along with a complete inside cleaning. This stove has never been this hot on this setting. I am using awf pellets. It is a 2004 mod. Just wondering why the heat increase. Or is this how it should be I bought it used so I don't know how it should burn other than what I have learned on here.

Likely if you have covered enough of the OAK to impair the stoves ability to get enough air the burn will head into the bad zone sooner and faster.

When playing with your dragon it is wise to only vary one thing at a time otherwise you don't know what effect any thing had.

Thanks smokey. The reason i did so much at once was I could turn the stove on heat 7 and it would only drop a few pellets I made sure it wasnt clogged with anything and then put the motor on. Now I think I get plenty of pellets. I cleaned it pretty much since I had it off I like to keep it clean. As for covering the oak I only covered half of it I rememderd a post someone put up about doing this but couldnt find it so tried it anyways. Your reply helps I think I will take it off tonight and see what happens. Thanks again ill let you know the outcome

gripper93 said:
Thanks smokey. The reason i did so much at once was I could turn the stove on heat 7 and it would only drop a few pellets I made sure it wasnt clogged with anything and then put the motor on. Now I think I get plenty of pellets. I cleaned it pretty much since I had it off I like to keep it clean. As for covering the oak I only covered half of it I rememderd a post someone put up about doing this but couldnt find it so tried it anyways. Your reply helps I think I will take it off tonight and see what happens. Thanks again ill let you know the outcome

I think the post you were thinking of was in reference to stove that was emitting a loud rumble when running on high and the party that suggested the partial intake covering was none other than Mike Holton. But since I'm a geezer I may not be remembering correctly or you are referring to another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.