What Harman Accentra Insert Thermostat Do you use?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glenc0322

Minister of Fire
Dec 30, 2011
long Island NY
I have a Harman Accentra Insert and am looking to install a Thermostat. Is anyone using one and if so what model are you using. I was looking to install a wireless one but can do a hard wired one also Just want something that is compatible with my stove.

Thanks

I used a Honeywell similar or maybe the same one that is listed in that other thread. It recently kept coming up with a flashing battery light with new batteries.
A friend at work who used the same one says his does the same thing. Then mine would not switch on sometimes with the timer and then would just turn on when it was above the set temp. I did not finding the programming that intuitive. I went with this touch screen unit which seems to have some nice features.
http://www.smarthome.com/29918/Jackson-Systems-T-32-TS-Comfort-System-Touchscreen-Thermostat/p.aspx
For example, it shows the set temp and the room temp on the display with the time. To set a temporary temp you touch the screen on the set temp and an up and down arrow appears. This can be programmed so the temp holds for 1 to 10 hours or reverts at the next scheduled program.
The touch screen is a bit finicky when programming but looks nice on the wall. It can also run an outside temp sensor or a remote sensor for an average room temp reading.
The display lights up brighter for 10 secs when you touch it.
There are quite a few different ones out there.

Reactions: glenc0322
Status
Not open for further replies.