1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

What harman stove is this

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by J.denius, Sep 19, 2013.

1. J.denius

J.denius New Member

What model stove is this and can people give me any Insite on it. I have a old 2300 sqft farm house. Will this stove heat it well?

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DuelburnJake

DuelburnJake Member

Loc:
    New Hampshire
    Can we get dimensions? It looks like a mark series or an sf250. Duel fuel coal/wood stoves.
  3. DuelburnJake

DuelburnJake Member

Loc:
    New Hampshire
    My dad has heated his old house [built in the 1860s) with a sf250 for many years. I can't see does it have a fan with heat exchanger tubes? I think those were specific to the sf250
  4. J.denius

J.denius New Member

There's no tubes which is what had me confused. I can get dimensions tomorrow. I think it was something like 14.5x 22.5 or something like that
  5. J.denius

J.denius New Member

16.5x20.5 is the actual stove size not the top
  6. DuelburnJake

DuelburnJake Member

Loc:
    New Hampshire
    Its a mark series would be my guess. I don't have any experience with them. Just the sf 250
  7. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Try asking over on the nepacrossroads forum. They may recognize it. And sent a picture to Harman too.
  8. DuelburnJake

DuelburnJake Member

Loc:
    New Hampshire
  9. J.denius

J.denius New Member

I appreciate the help. I've emailed harman. Just awaiting a reply. Just strange I've never seem a sf250 with out tubes. Hope she heats well. I've decided to install this instead of my big old Kodiak stove.
  10. DuelburnJake

DuelburnJake Member

Loc:
    New Hampshire
    I know the one my dad has in his old house heats like crazy! Good burn times with wood, as he used it with wood for approx. 20 years before he started burning coal in it. The tubes seem to be an option as listed on the web site.
  11. J.denius

J.denius New Member

How big is his house. I'm just worried that being a smaller stove for wood that it won't burn wood that well or long.. Am I wrong on these thoughts?
  12. J.denius

J.denius New Member

So you guys feel this will heat a 2300sq ft farm house (built in 1853.) with wood?
  13. DuelburnJake

DuelburnJake Member

Loc:
    New Hampshire
    My parents house is the same size approx. It really depends on the layout of the house and the stove placement.
  14. J.denius

J.denius New Member

Should I be able to get overnight burns with this stove. I'm burning black walnut and loading it around 10-11 n it is usually a useless bit of coals left by 630.... Should I b getting better burn times? Am I doing something wrong? I am a noob to this. So please bare with me
  15. Stoveman 77

Stoveman 77 New Member

Loc:
    Bloomsburg, pa
    It could be a sf150 how many grates are in it ?
  16. Baker_Falcon

Baker_Falcon New Member

Loc:
    Millersburg Pennsylvania
    I am new to wood stoves, too. To answer your question about burn times--- this website: http://woodheat.org/ was a tremendous help to me. I learned how to place the wood in the stove correctly for an all night burn. I was building my fires like I would in an open fireplace, which was incorrect to get long burn times. Wood stove fires are completely different ways of maintaining a fire. The best way to learn these old stoves is through trial and error and learning just the right spot for your air flow controls. You will get the hang of it, just keep "practicing"
    J.denius likes this.
  17. J.denius

J.denius New Member

Thanks. Read some of it. Lots of info.. Where in central pa are u? I'm just outside of Harrisburg
  18. Baker_Falcon

Baker_Falcon New Member

Loc:
    Millersburg Pennsylvania
    Up here in Millersburg