What harman stove is this

J.denius Posted By J.denius, Sep 19, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.denius

J.denius

Sep 16, 2013
    What model stove is this and can people give me any Insite on it. I have a old 2300 sqft farm house. Will this stove heat it well?

Attached Files:

2. DuelburnJake

DuelburnJake
    Burning Hunk

Jul 29, 2013
    Loc:
    New Hampshire
    Can we get dimensions? It looks like a mark series or an sf250. Duel fuel coal/wood stoves.

3. DuelburnJake

DuelburnJake
    Burning Hunk

Jul 29, 2013
    Loc:
    New Hampshire
    My dad has heated his old house [built in the 1860s) with a sf250 for many years. I can't see does it have a fan with heat exchanger tubes? I think those were specific to the sf250

4. J.denius

J.denius

Sep 16, 2013
    There's no tubes which is what had me confused. I can get dimensions tomorrow. I think it was something like 14.5x 22.5 or something like that

5. J.denius

J.denius

Sep 16, 2013
    16.5x20.5 is the actual stove size not the top

6. DuelburnJake

DuelburnJake
    Burning Hunk

Jul 29, 2013
    Loc:
    New Hampshire
    Its a mark series would be my guess. I don't have any experience with them. Just the sf 250

7. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator
    Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Try asking over on the nepacrossroads forum. They may recognize it. And sent a picture to Harman too.

8. DuelburnJake

DuelburnJake
    Burning Hunk

Jul 29, 2013
    Loc:
    New Hampshire
  9. J.denius

J.denius

Sep 16, 2013
    I appreciate the help. I've emailed harman. Just awaiting a reply. Just strange I've never seem a sf250 with out tubes. Hope she heats well. I've decided to install this instead of my big old Kodiak stove.

10. DuelburnJake

DuelburnJake
    Burning Hunk

Jul 29, 2013
    Loc:
    New Hampshire
    I know the one my dad has in his old house heats like crazy! Good burn times with wood, as he used it with wood for approx. 20 years before he started burning coal in it. The tubes seem to be an option as listed on the web site.

11. J.denius

J.denius

Sep 16, 2013
    How big is his house. I'm just worried that being a smaller stove for wood that it won't burn wood that well or long.. Am I wrong on these thoughts?

12. J.denius

J.denius

Sep 16, 2013
    So you guys feel this will heat a 2300sq ft farm house (built in 1853.) with wood?

13. DuelburnJake

DuelburnJake
    Burning Hunk

Jul 29, 2013
    Loc:
    New Hampshire
    My parents house is the same size approx. It really depends on the layout of the house and the stove placement.

14. J.denius

J.denius

Sep 16, 2013
    Should I be able to get overnight burns with this stove. I'm burning black walnut and loading it around 10-11 n it is usually a useless bit of coals left by 630.... Should I b getting better burn times? Am I doing something wrong? I am a noob to this. So please bare with me

15. Stoveman 77

Stoveman 77

Sep 11, 2013
    Loc:
    Bloomsburg, pa
    It could be a sf150 how many grates are in it ?

16. Baker_Falcon

Baker_Falcon

Oct 24, 2013
    Loc:
    Millersburg Pennsylvania
    I am new to wood stoves, too. To answer your question about burn times--- this website: http://woodheat.org/ was a tremendous help to me. I learned how to place the wood in the stove correctly for an all night burn. I was building my fires like I would in an open fireplace, which was incorrect to get long burn times. Wood stove fires are completely different ways of maintaining a fire. The best way to learn these old stoves is through trial and error and learning just the right spot for your air flow controls. You will get the hang of it, just keep "practicing"

J.denius likes this.
  17. J.denius

J.denius

Sep 16, 2013
    Thanks. Read some of it. Lots of info.. Where in central pa are u? I'm just outside of Harrisburg

18. Baker_Falcon

Baker_Falcon

Oct 24, 2013
    Loc:
    Millersburg Pennsylvania
    Up here in Millersburg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.