1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

What have you done to cope with high energy costs?

Post in 'The Green Room' started by sylvestermcmonkey, May 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redox

Redox Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Burbs of B'more, MD, Hon!
    Hmm, year round chilled water. Can I bury a PEX loop in there?

Chris

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. RedRanger

RedRanger New Member

Loc:
    British Columbia
    Funny you mention the "brew your own".. Did that about 20 years ago, used to make Coopers Lager, and it cost less than a softdrink. Problem was--gained 20 pounds in about 8 months. Sold all the paraphanefila and took about 2 years to lose the weight. Now I really have to limit my alcohol spending,but no longer have to loosen the belt :cheese:
  3. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Year round steady temp water. There are some lodges up north on the water that have geothermal heat pumps connected to a tubing mesh in the Sound.
  4. Redox

Redox Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Burbs of B'more, MD, Hon!
    Steady CHILLED water! Most chillers for comfort cooling put out 44-45 degree water and return it at 55 degrees. If only the Cheaspeake were that cool...

Just wondering out loud who regulates those loops on what is probably public property?

Chris
  5. fstaples

fstaples Member

Loc:
    Central Maine
    I wonder if they taste like chicken.

In sub zero temperatures my wife leaves the back door open so the cats can come in and out as they please.

FS
  6. myzamboni

myzamboni Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Silicon Valley
    BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit, not the Northern VA woodburner) can't hold DC Metro's jock. Not as many trains, does not drop you in as many convenient places, and costs more.

Plans for expansion are caught up in political crap and are about 15 years behind schedule. Even the propose expansion ignores my side of the valley. We have light-rail by me but it does not go where I need it to. My only blesssing is I have a 'reverse commute' so I don't sit in bumper-to bumper.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.