What have you lost while cutting wood?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cutter said:
Not quite lost but I have a five foot crowbar under a 1000 lb hedge trunk that I can't move, under two feet of snow a quater of a mile from the house across a bean field that I can't travel on.

At least you know it is safe. :)

I don't know. Things I thought I lost, eventually turn up where I didn't look.
Things I'm missing, may be lost but I don't know everything I'm missing until I heed it.
Thought somebody stole my maul, I looked everywhere but where it was but was, right where I used it last time, now I have 2.
Every spring as the snow melts, I find stuff I thought I lost, misplaced or forgot I had.
Spring is like Christmas,
finding new stuff all the time. :)
Now the shingle I lost yesterday in the 90 mph winds aren't really lost, they are in my back yard in the snow drift. :(

Lost a cant hook. I'm pretty sure I know how it got "lost" though but can't prove it. I had someone on our place cutting some wood at the time and when they left, so did the cant hook. So now I have a new one instead of that old standby.

Just let me know when you are coming so I can put the tools away. lol

Time

but that would have been gone doing nything else, too.

Lost a watch once. Funny, I knew the alarm on it was set for 6 am so I got up early the next day and went to my wood cutting site and waited. Never did hear it. On the way home, I had a funny thought. As long as those batteries hold up and it was water proof, I bet sometime before it quits, a deer will be standing over it at 6 am and get the holy crap scared out of him when the alarm goes off :snake: Sure would like to have been there to see that :bug:

I think I've gone through 3 or 4 pairs of goggles. I've lost a couple of wedges. None of this stuff
is really lost. I just don't quite know where they are on my 12 acres. Oh, also lost the screw on lid
of a full container of gas.

I lost my mind, anyone seen it? :roll:

Shipper

I lost my wedding ring. Never did like wearing that damn thing

Somehow I lost my spare tire for my trailer. It was in the trailer, not tied down or anything, just sat there until needed. The bad news is, it was brand new, rim and tire. Good news is, I didn't need it before I could get a new one. That one is now secured in the trailer by the way.

On the lighter side, I did lose my virginity while sawing....sawing logs in my sleep that is.... :cheese:

Some say I lost my mind.

whotheguy said:
On the lighter side, I did lose my virginity while sawing....sawing logs in my sleep that is.... :cheese:

You slept through it?!?!?!?

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
firefighterjake said:
Lost more than a few nuts on the chainsaw . . .

Ok, I had to cross my legs when I read that

HehHeh . . . didn't even mean for that to be funny . . . but now that you mention it. ;) :)

I lost my wheelbarrow in the woods in back of the house. Could't find it for weeks.

I was out in the woods cutting one day and lost my Puma double blade lock back pocket knife. It had stag handles and was really expensive when I bought it. They are now rare and worth many times what I paid for it. If I have my pants on, I have a serious pocket knife. I was just stupid for having THAT knife out that day. Oh well, David

I see where WHOTHEGUY lost his virginity in the woods. I lost mine too but I still have the box it came in. David

I lost a trailer yes really. Well it was on the road driving home with a used 6 x 8 trailer I had just bought, and I was loaded up. I hit a bump and felt a big tug on the back of my van as I looked in my side view mirror there was a familiar looking trailer trying to pass me on the shoulder then I looked out the rear view and the axle and wheels assembly was on the road and bounced over the car behind me and down in the culvert. I pulled over and some folks helped me slide the trailer off the road and pick up the rounds off the road also. I unhitched the trailer took my License plate and headed to my get my buddy that has a big trailer and a skid steer and figured he could pick it up and get it home. When I got back a couple of hours later every thing was GONE . I also noticed there was a gouge in my R rear wheel and a huge dent just above the wheel only inches from a big window.
I also lost a wheel on my other small trailer and not the spare. I was driving home on a snowy day and turned off the highway onto my street when down a couple blocks and as I went in the drive noticed the trailer was tilted. I looked and sure enough the wheel and tire were gone I figured it couldn't be too far back so I started walking up the road and when I got to the highway there it was laying in the turn lane. Nearly lost the other wheel another day!

VC winterwarm
couple saws
couple mauls
couple kids
couple wives

First glance I thought this was a list of what Ohio Woodburner had lost then I realized it was his signature.

Tony H said:
I lost a trailer yes really. Well it was on the road driving home with a used 6 x 8 trailer I had just bought, and I was loaded up. I hit a bump and felt a big tug on the back of my van as I looked in my side view mirror there was a familiar looking trailer trying to pass me on the shoulder then I looked out the rear view and the axle and wheels assembly was on the road and bounced over the car behind me and down in the culvert. I pulled over and some folks helped me slide the trailer off the road and pick up the rounds off the road also. I unhitched the trailer took my License plate and headed to my get my buddy that has a big trailer and a skid steer and figured he could pick it up and get it home. When I got back a couple of hours later every thing was GONE . I also noticed there was a gouge in my R rear wheel and a huge dent just above the wheel only inches from a big window.
I also lost a wheel on my other small trailer and not the spare. I was driving home on a snowy day and turned off the highway onto my street when down a couple blocks and as I went in the drive noticed the trailer was tilted. I looked and sure enough the wheel and tire were gone I figured it couldn't be too far back so I started walking up the road and when I got to the highway there it was laying in the turn lane. Nearly lost the other wheel another day!

After all of that I'd give up hauling trailers

Status
Not open for further replies.