What i found in my backyard "off topic" (pic)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfunk13

Minister of Fire
Sep 11, 2008
Wyoming
I went out to get some firewood for tonight and found this guy.

Attachments

• Big-Deer-018.jpg
    Big-Deer-018.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 1,833
  • Big-Deer-021.jpg
    Big-Deer-021.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,844
  • Big-Deer.jpg
    Big-Deer.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,845
  • Moss-Horn-View.jpg
    Moss-Horn-View.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 1,789
  • Big-Deer-176.jpg
    Big-Deer-176.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,823
Wow! Nice pics - livin' up to your signature, I'd say.

Beautiful shots, bfunk, thanks for sharing them with us. I'm gonna move the thread over to the Perfect Picture forum, hope that's OK. Rick

Wow, it looks like he's inside your fence - is he your pet? Seriously, I think a buck like that is pretty rare, right? Tough to make it to that maturity level. Beautiful non-typical rack.

MarkG

Them there deer are full of TICKS!!! So be carefull one of those ticks don't jump off the deer and bite you. You can get LYMES DESEASE and end up eating ammoxicillian like candy for the rest of your life.

lymes desease=fubared 4 life.
nothing to mess around with.

I am down that road, almost at the end of it, so heed my warning.

Great pics of some wonderfully yummy jerky....I, I, I mean deer. :shut:

I have had a couple of monsters, that were local legends that USED to frequent my back yard often. Personally, I leave them alone. Unless a mount is wanted, think of the blood line those babys are leaving.

Whoa! We have deer pass through our yard many times but nothing like that! But we have had 3 fawns born in our yard. The last one about 10' from the kitchen window!!

Mule deer I would imagine. Right?

Nice back yard!

So,

Does seeing something like this in range make you wish you had the Harmon 300 TL with the steak cooker in the top lid?

Great shots!

nice pics, nice animal.

I called a Grey fox up to my front door the other night! It was not shy in looking for those fox baby whining sounds it heard.

I should put my fox mount out there as a decoy to see what it does. Next time I will try to get some pics.

STOVEGUY11 said:

Yep them is Mule deer.

on a side not the big guy has a unique set of antlers for a muley.

crazy_dan said:
STOVEGUY11 said:

Yep them is Mule deer.

on a side not the big guy has a unique set of antlers for a muley.

I was thinking the same thing. I've never seen a muley with antlers quite like that. Great pics.

BLAST EM!!!!!!

Thanks guys, yeah ive seen this buck before. He is a wise one as he lives in town.
There is another monster buck that hangs out once in a while.
I used to hunt them, anymore i really enjoy shooting them with a camera.
Here are some moose the wife and i like to watch. They are about 40 miles from us in the
snowy range mountains.

Attachments

• _MG_1656a.jpg
    _MG_1656a.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 427
  • moose-041.jpg
    moose-041.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 433
  • Snow-Moose-038-1.jpg
    Snow-Moose-038-1.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 412
  • Snow-Moose-019.jpg