What I have been up to

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goater32

Sep 26, 2012
Madison WI
www.facebook.com
Well here it is. Not sure what happened to the hoarders club as I can't find it anywhere. Started out this may with a face cord (bought last fall) left over from last year. This is where I am at today. 5 cords plus a facecord. This will be my second winter burning. Right now I have 2.3 cords ready to burn this winter its a mix of black walnut and oak for the most part with a little elm and some others unknown to me. All of this was scrounged of off craigslist for a total of $50, and reads anywhere from 12-18 on the moisture meter. For next year I have a cord of oak (hope its ready next year) been split and stacked since June. A cord of box elder, elm and ash mix, and a cord of silver maple honey locust mix. Hope to get into a friends woods later this fall and find a cord maybe two of oak for the winter after next. I know it doesn't compare to a lot of people on here, but feel I made some pretty good progress. Also wanted thoughts on my system for the winter. The plan is to move stuff from the stacks to the face cord holder in the back of the garage and then keep 3 or 4 days worth in the garage and grab from that as needed. Thanks for looking. Really wanted one of those t-shirts.

Attachments

• IMG_4778.JPG
    IMG_4778.JPG
    320.8 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_4779.JPG
    IMG_4779.JPG
    288.3 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_4780.JPG
    IMG_4780.JPG
    300 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_4786.JPG
    IMG_4786.JPG