1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

What I was up to today...

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by bigbarf48, Mar 2, 2013.

1. bigbarf48

bigbarf48 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Stone Mountain GA
    This morning I brought a load of wood to a customer. He was quite excited about how much he got (i usually load a little extra) and went to tell his neighbor. She placed an order on the spot:cool:. Went home to load up again (both loads deliveries were 1/3 cord). I decided to bring the trailer the second time. Well on the way i took a turn off my road a little tight and the trailer dipped off the edge and this happened:eek:
    IMG_3265.jpg
    Unloaded the trailer half into my truck and half into my fathers trailblazer. I got the tire back up under the rim as best I could and nursed it home at about 10mph haha.Luckily we were only about a mile from home. Dropped the trailer and headed out to deliver. Got the wood delivered safe and sound finally and made two happy customers :)

Then since my rack/shed/shelter was empty and sad looking I started moving some red oak into it. Got it most the way filled up
    IMG_0772.jpg

And a little cottonwood i split earlier this week:
    IMG_8433.jpg

All in all a productive day:cool:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Ralphie Boy

Ralphie Boy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern Kentucky along the Ohio River
    Ahhh.. I hate dat! Ihate when dat happen!:oops: Oh well, it all worked out in the end and you made a little doughnut money. Life is good!:)
  3. PapaDave

PapaDave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern MI - in the mitten
    Aside from the tire thing, sounds like a fun day.
  4. Blue2ndaries

Blue2ndaries Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Oregon
    Glad that you were able to make it back w/the trailer...and not a split lost in the process. :) Nice shed and stacks BTW!
  5. bigbarf48

bigbarf48 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Stone Mountain GA
    Thanks! I got a new wheel from northern tool today and got the trialer back up and running. I've already got a scrounge lined up for tomorrow after school so I'm back in business!
  6. HDRock

HDRock Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Grand Blanc, Mi
    Good deal U got it all fixed up
    This happened with the trailer empty, but I have a spare attached to the trailer

Tire2.jpg