What if, the worlds oil reserves ran out tomorrow!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mecreature said:
I already have the equipment to reload for hunting ammo. when my ammo runs out.

If I run out of ammo, it will be from defending, not hunting. I couldn't eat that many animals.

Jags said:
mecreature said:

If I run out of ammo, it will be from defending, not hunting. I couldn't eat that many animals.

same here. People would probably gather in groups.. strength in numbers. that could eat up some ammo even for hunting.
I bet my trapping skills would get a bit better also..

Delta-T said:
oh, I know what you meant, and I see, you know what I meant. together, we know what we mean. i think.

Gotta get together sometime for some chapulines and cerveza. And if there's a plague of locusts, I will try to remember to harvest them.

there are so many combinations of household products that make explosives, or poisons, or toxins, or just plain old nasty stuff, that you might not need that much ammo to deter the crowds. A lil bleach, a lil ammonia, couple glass jars....too easy.

mecreature said:
I would assume everyone would get hungry/thirsty pretty quick.
People who are accustom to conservation would have a better chance.

I would probably do exactly the opposite of what local authorities were mandating.
Most would gather in cities waiting for hand outs..

Down the road from me there was an old farm house and 40 acres up for sale after the housing bubble got popped.
A family bought the property for a very nice price.
In a 1 year span they now have a dozen or more sheep, 4 or 5 goats, several pigs and several dozen chickens, turkeys..
they bought a calf and bull calf that have now had a calf and shelter be it cheap for all these.

I have never ask them whats up but I think sustainability is their goal... I could be wrong.

It has got me thinking. at least some goat cheese, milk and eggs would be a big help

by that time, the line at the astro dome will be substantially shorter for the free hand out crowd.

I wonder if my neighbor would trade a bottle of wine for some of these taters I got... I got enough cigars to last me a while.

I will grab a couple poles and kayak stick to the rivers see you at the super doom! lol Mean while back at the ranch I will be full of fish and smokin a Dunhill pipe!

Perhaps we could eat those asian carp jumping out of rivers as boats go by.

Nah, I heard they taste like carp.

mecreature said:
Jags said:
mecreature said:

same here. People would probably gather in groups.. strength in numbers. that could eat up some ammo even for hunting.
I bet my trapping skills would get a bit better also..

Two most important things for the apocalypse Seeds And AMMO

Transportation is the 800 LB gorilla in the room,and there are alternatives getting off to a slow start. We need an apollo project to jump start alternatives. LNG is available with a little planning, and its about $1 a gallon.

Status
Not open for further replies.