What is a face cord of green Hedge/ Osage Orange worth?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fespo

Minister of Fire
Dec 14, 2005
South West burbs of Chicago
Well Old Blue. my wood hauler needed some work. So a little short on cash I was thinking selling some green Hedge. What do you think its worth over oak or other hardwoods in my Chicagoland area?

I'd say green it could go for about $70 to 100. I'd love to have some hedge here in Idaho. It could sell for as much as 400 a cord seasoned here. I have some idiot near me selling Pine for 300 a cord, don't know how he ever makes money. It's definitely worth more than oak. I would say take standard oak price, mark it up 10 percent, maybe a little more. BTU's sell.

What is a face cord of green Hedge/ Osage Orange worth?
I guess it depends how long you cut it. 16" wood would be 1/3 of a cord & 24" would be 1/2 of a cord. then again it depends if your face cord is 8' long & 4' tall. I can have it delivered for 150.00 a cord . that's 128 cu ft. Hope this helps.

I am south of you about 2-3 hours and they sell it here for 250.00 . Me I would not sell a stick and I have enough dead where I cut to last me for the rest of my life. There is tons and I am the only one allowed to cut, hard on chains but well worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.