What is a fair price guy's??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bucko64, what are the two clevis pin holes just to the right of the engine bottom and top. Looks like a place to pin something?

tfdchief They were used to move it around by an old farmer I bought from before I gave it an overhaul.

Attachments

• just bought.jpg
    just bought.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 153
There is a place for perfect spelling and grammar, but internet forums ain't it.
Even in my kids school now a days they don't put a lot of emphasis on spelling, especially when story writing. They are finding too much focus on spelling hampers kids creativity.

Here's one for you Dan.
spelling.JPG

bucko64 said:
Thank'x for u guy's input I did not think it went for that much when it's not ready to burn..basswidow We live in a trailor park I am freinds with the park manager he can help me by overlooking alot but we are allowed 2 cords I have about 9. About 5 unseasend Oak and 4 Ready to burn mixed hardwood plus more unseasend Oak stashed at my buddy place I fell bad keeping it at his house. There is alot more to be cut my work had 16 half dead mostjy oak cut down. Thank's Again All

Bucko64

Bucko,

I understand your situation alittle better now. I used to manage several mobile home parks and have lived in a single and double wide myself over the years. Yeah, a trailer park lot is barely big enough for the trailer. I bet your neighbors and the manager (even though he's your friend) are alittle concerned over 9 cords. The trick you put him in by the manager allowing you to break the rule, is now he can't say anything to the guy with 3 dead cars on his lot, dropping engines and making a mess. At one time the company I worked for was going to transfer me to Lewes DE to manage a park over there (MHC).

If you plan on using it, you need to buddy up with someone who has storage space for you. Perhaps someone here on Hearth.com would work out a deal where you could stack on his land for a small cut of the wood? Otherwise, if you are going to sell it, make sure you get what it's worth. Don't give it away. You worked hard on it. Seriously, guys selling wood always say it's seasoned, but it's not and they charge for a cord and deliver a pick up load. A full cord of Oak according to craigslist goes from $ 180 - $ 220. And people are paying that and getting a pick up load of unseasoned oak.

Good luck. Wish I lived alittle closer and could help you out.

Is there a maintenance lot in the community? Maybe your manager buddy will let you store some there, to be within the rules? Or - this is kind of sneaky, but if 1 lot is allowed 2 cords, you just need 3-4 more neighbors to allow you to store 2 cords at their lot. You could jack your house up and store it all under the skirting! LOL.

Pyro Extraordinaire To bad you live so far away You could come over and get a turn :coolsmirk: It does tow nice though 65 mph no problrm LOL.

Basswidow Makes sence the reason I can get away with so much is the lots are pretty big not real c;ose together.I am hideing it in the weeds on pallets Thanks for your help..

Status
Not open for further replies.