1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

What is a Normal Smell?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by camdids, Nov 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. camdids

camdids Member

Loc:
    Very North and Very East Mass.
    New Accentra Insert Install, and getting used to its capabilities. All seems to be working as it should. Never been around a Pellet stove before, only wood stoves.
    Getting used to whats normal with them. Been burning for a Day now, and can smell a faint Wood burning smell, similar to the wood stove we had. No smoke, justa smell. Can notice it up close to the blower and from the non-control panel side inside the door. Cannot see any smoke from around the stove, or last night with the lights off using a flashlight. Is this kind of smell normal. Not bothersome as not much different from the wood stove anyway.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. escobarmj

escobarmj Member

Loc:
    RI
    I own a Harman XXV. When I start it up, I sometimes get a very fait smoke smell. After that I don't smell anything for the rest of the time the stove is burning. I would suspect that you are getting a small leak somewhere. I am sure other Accentra owners will chime in on the best way to trouble shoot.
  3. camdids

camdids Member

Loc:
    Very North and Very East Mass.
    Youre probably right. I am a bit suspicious of myself on how well I sealed the Vent Pipe to the frame with the sillicone the dealer gave me. Its a bit awkward to get to and I kind of did it by feel more than sight. I have shut it down and will look at it when it cools. I see in the "whole page" of trouleshooting in the manual ,it says exactly that. so fingers crossed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.