What is a Normal Smell?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

camdids

New Accentra Insert Install, and getting used to its capabilities. All seems to be working as it should. Never been around a Pellet stove before, only wood stoves.
Getting used to whats normal with them. Been burning for a Day now, and can smell a faint Wood burning smell, similar to the wood stove we had. No smoke, justa smell. Can notice it up close to the blower and from the non-control panel side inside the door. Cannot see any smoke from around the stove, or last night with the lights off using a flashlight. Is this kind of smell normal. Not bothersome as not much different from the wood stove anyway.

I own a Harman XXV. When I start it up, I sometimes get a very fait smoke smell. After that I don't smell anything for the rest of the time the stove is burning. I would suspect that you are getting a small leak somewhere. I am sure other Accentra owners will chime in on the best way to trouble shoot.

Youre probably right. I am a bit suspicious of myself on how well I sealed the Vent Pipe to the frame with the sillicone the dealer gave me. Its a bit awkward to get to and I kind of did it by feel more than sight. I have shut it down and will look at it when it cools. I see in the "whole page" of trouleshooting in the manual ,it says exactly that. so fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.