What is correct activation laddomat temperature for EKO-60

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cguida

Jan 11, 2008
Eastern Maine
Title says it all --

If I were ordering a laddomat for an EKO 60, what activation temperature should I specify? Is there a 'correct' temperature, or does it depend on circumstances? If you use a laddomat or termvor(?) what temperature is it set for?

Thanks
Smee

Smee,
The Termovar that came with my Solo 30 was 72C. I seem to remember in another thread that others were getting there Tarm products shipped with this same Termovar.

Smee,
Will you be using the boiler in conjunction with a storage system? The typical 72 degree valve is good for "cold starts". If you are starting up the boiler when return temps are higher 120 to 140, I think a 60 degree valve(less bypass) would be somewhat better.

Status
Not open for further replies.