what is everyones feed back on lignetics pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

magsf11

Feeling the Heat
Jan 31, 2009
buffalo ny
the local TSC has some lignetics. want to know if the are a good pellet. never knew that ther were so many different names out there.

They are the best available here (also at TSC). Little ash, firm pellets, very few fines in the bags.

They do run about $1.00/bag more than the other brands locally @ $5.98, but are usually in stock.

With a very few exceptions, the feeling on this forum is that Lignetics are some of the best pellets out there. I've been burning them for about a month now, plus about 2 weeks in November when i did a test burn, and am very happy with them. Mind telling us what the asking price for them was?

This spring, I'll be looking to buy either Lignetics, NEWP, Cleanfire from PelletSales.com (they are re-bagged NEWP), Barefoot, or Hamers.

You have me thinking now....I should call my local TSC and ask if they have any.

the price is 280/ton. everything around here is 300/ton.

Lignetics by far the best I've burned. I have tried a dozen or so brands. 2nd best are Barefoot.

harley... where is there a TSC around Central Mass?

Orange Crush CJ-7 said:
...... where is there a TSC around Central Mass?

http://www.tractorsupply.com/

Just pop in your zip code at the top

Spoke to my local TSC tonight, and they have Lignetics and Rocky Mtn. pellets....but their $289/ton....still way too rich for my blood.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/

Just pop in your zip code at the top

Spoke to my local TSC tonight, and they have Lignetics and Rocky Mtn. pellets....but their $289/ton....still way too rich for my blood.

Thanks for the link, I was just about to ask what TSC meant. If that they're that price here I'll try a few bags to see how they burn. Im burning Bajou that I got at an Agway and after over 24 hrs of burning I have almost no ash to speak of. I cant believe the difference a good pellet makes.
The Eagle valley I burned most of the year gave off some good heat but I had to vacuum the ash every 3 days. Same with the other brands I tried.

not a bad pellet, but i wouldnt go as far as to say "the best available"......I wouldnt pay more for them than any other premium hardwood pellet, but they are a good pellet.

This winter they were my least favorite, and in this area I'm not alone. Medium heat, really very ashey. One neigbor told me" If i wanted to work this much cleaning out my pellet stove I would have stayed with a wood stove."

I was happy with them, burned 2 tons...Not as good as the Agway pellets I got in the beginning of the season...Agways are re-bagged Hamers...by far the best I've used...Burned 3 tons of them...

The TSC in Scarboro is out of Lignetics. They have these pellets called instant heat wood pellets. I did a forum search on them. They seem to be just ok. Good heat but a trade off of alot of fines and dirty burning. I have never burned Lignetics,buy would love to try them. Just getting them locally is a challenge.

Burned a ton of Lignetics hardwood pellets this year.

Very little sawdust or fines, burn great.

Would purchase again if available.

The all hardwood have burned great for me, 3 tons this winter; hardly any fines in bag. There are 3 different kinds that they sell 1. All hardwood 2. All Softwood 3. hardwood and Conifer mix. Currently burning the mix and they burn great too but there is more fines in the bag.

I bought 25 bags of the Lignetics with the conifer mix. they are good but in the 10 or so bags i have burned they produce a little more ash than i am used to seeing. they burn hot but the best pellets i have tried this year were the Somerset ones that TSC was selling ..... very little ash, very hot... better than Lignetics in my opinion.

i burned the hardwood lignetics wood pellet fuel and quite possibly our area got a bad batch, according to what everyone is saying about them. next year i will not take a chance on them. i'll purchase more of the uncle jeds cold remedy first, fireside ultra's second.

I've burned both the hardwood and softwood Lignetics now (about equal amounts of each), and have to say that the hardwood are a nicer burning pellet. The softwood can cause the occasional clinker, and makes very fine ash that doesn't want to blow out of the burn pot like the hardwood ash did, and for the first time I had to scrape the burn pot with the softwood....never with the hardwood.

Boogers Dad said:
I burned a ton and a half they were the best I used I could easily go 2 weeks on the fire box at 2 bags a day before cleaning.

wow, I wish I could "dream" of having such a great 'performance'.....lol

I heard good things about Lignetics, I'm still burning the Warm Front and they're a fiasco, I must clean my burn pot DAILY due to the way they bunch up (regardless of stove settings)..

Good for you.....

Status
Not open for further replies.