What is going on with woodheat.org?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muddyrabbit

Oct 26, 2014
NE Ohio
Hi all, first post here, but I have been reading as a lurker for a few years.

I sell firewood locally, and I am big wood heat enthusiast. I frequently refer folks her or to woodheat.org for info. About 20 minutes ago I tried to access woodheat.org and a box popped up that said:
A username and password are being requested by http://woodheat.org. The site says: "Suspended: if you are the account owner, contact [email protected] for more details."

Anybody know what is going on with the site? I would hate to see such a wealth of information lost.

Interesting. Hopefully John just has a glitch on the server.

From the site (which is back up):

Please note that we have run out of money to maintain the site. We do the work and respond to all email questions as volunteers, but we still have regular expenses to maintain the site and The Wood Heat Organization Inc. If you have enjoyed visiting and have found our content useful, please consider making a donation. See the links to the right of this box. Thank you.

It was shut off for a bit until the bill was paid...

Thought that might be the case.

I really liked the videos he put out.

Status
Not open for further replies.