What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Probably cobwebs...I haven't looked. :)

Last season's ashes. I need to clean it out today and do a sweeping.

hopefully dinner

I still have a small amount of ashes that I need to clean before I get my chimney swept next week.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Nice fire Jay. We lit the Osburn on Saturday - a bit of a chill, but mostly just fired it up for some ambiance after a tough week. Threw in a few sticks of cedar and pine, plus a few small blocks of "Franken-wood" (3x4 end cuts from a local lumber yard, could be birch, maple, walnut, oak, etc.- stacked for a few years, it's all good... ). Sure felt nice....

20161006_070806.jpg

Going to top off with oak i think before bed time.

Reactions: blacktail
My wife is officially spoiled. She called me when I was at work asking if she could fire up the stove. Right now I got a mix of tulip, maple, and an oak.

Warm ashes...

30's tonight. Full load of maple

Reactions: Tom123
I went 7-8 fires between sept and last Friday.
Then Fri aft. to now 24/7. A load of crapy hemlock every eight hrs.

Reactions: Tom123
Been burning since Saturday. Ash, Sugar Maple, Elm.

Pine with some cypress mixed in

Wow! For some of you "steak on the menu" already.

I am still going through the KD!!

Got a mix of tulip, maple, and hickory.

Nothing yet. But just finished filling the shed with bone dry poplar, maple And cherry. Lots of ash, walnut and oak behind the first stack once things start really getting frosty. Still kinda warm here for this week, but not for long.

Attachments

• IMG_20161025_164401.jpg
    IMG_20161025_164401.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 174
Eastern white pine, poplar and some chunks of what have you . . .

Burned a few white pine splits and some 3 year old red oak chunks last night to take the chill off.

White oak and hickory mix. No, I'm not a wood snob, I burn red oak, too! :p

Loaded two stoves at 6pm yesterday, setting one for a 12 hour burn, and the other for a 24 hour burn. I reloaded the 12-hour stove at 6:45am today, and set the dial for another 12 hours. Gotta love BK.

Reactions: Woody Stover