What is it? Found in ashes.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbear

Jan 3, 2010
PA
I found these in my Harman TL 300 yesterday when I was cleaning out the ashes. I have no idea what they are or where they came from or how long they were buried in the ashes.
IMG_2681_zps2f2c0978.jpg

Does the lever that opens the top still work?

Edit: Look at part number ten on the parts list in your manual. Looks kinda familiar.

Given that there are two, are your andirons bumpers still there ?

They kinda look like they'd be in the way all the time

keeps splits, what, another inch and a half away from the window ?

I think they are prototype robot prosthetic arms placed in your appliance for heat treating by visiting aliens who then had to leave in a hurry and thus left them behind.

They kinda look like they'd be in the way all the time

keeps splits, what, another inch and a half away from the window ?
Our old TL 300 was made to stuff to the top so I could see the usefulness because its a downdraft stove blocking the glass would also block the air flow of the burn.

Pete

I think they are prototype robot prosthetic arms placed in your appliance for heat treating by visiting aliens who then had to leave in a hurry and thus left them behind.
Did you steal my happy juice tonight ? I cant find it any where.

Your brain on happy juice !

Your brain off happy juice !

Pete

Reactions: raybonz
I suppose if I had a top load I might load that way just for the less ash mess.

Reactions: Pallet Pete
My brain's no different tonight than any other night.

Reactions: Pallet Pete
Yeah. Gotta be the andirons. No bolt holes like the other pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.