What is it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Fox

Jan 12, 2006
image.jpg
image.jpg
I

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 170
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 153
Can any body tell me what this is? I have taken it to Lowes Home improvement , a small engine repair shop, and shown it to a Matco tool salesman. No one has bee Abe to determine what it is or what it is used for. I was cleaning up the tool box and tools and came across it. I know I bought it and used it some odd years ago, but can't remember for what project. It was probably one of those times I was doing something and needed this special purpose tool. Thanks

Guys, sorry for the pictures not being in the posted question. This is the first time I've sent a picture with a text and trying to do it on a new phone.

Swamp Fox, I'm not 100% sure exactly what it is, but it's something that is used in a pneumatic hammer.....it has the tell-tale collar on the shaft at the rear of the tool.....

very intriguing.......

Swamp Fox, I'm not 100% sure exactly what it is, but it's something that is used in a pneumatic hammer.....it has the tell-tale collar on the shaft at the rear of the tool.....

very intriguing.......

Yeah, it has a warning engraved on stating "Caution wear safety goggles; made in USA".

Reactions: ScotO
Yep, it's a pneumatic hammer bit of some sort. Hell, if you bought it and used it yourself...take it to a hypnotist and go back and retrieve the memory. It's gotta be in there someplace.

Does it get sharp in its throat? Could it be a metal shear of some sort?

Anal probe? Left behind by the alien visitors from outer space?

I was hoping to find out what it is......but I'm getting more out of all the entertaing, hilarious replies.

All my pneumatic hammer bits have round collars. Never had any with a hex collar.

actually looks familiar for some reason
like it's used to roll up a strap or an internal spring like the inside of a rollup shade

World's smallest pickle fork for a pneumatic hammer. ::-)

You mean its a rare medieval hexadecimal gherkinstabbinator? ;lol

Might want to take that to The Antique Road Show and see what it is worth then.

Definitely for a hammer drill. I have a couple hammer drills, one I bought that has a round collar, and one somebody gave me that has a hex collar. The one with the hex collar is easier to work with on certain jobs because the bits stay at the angle you want them to and don't rotate around on you.
The one I bought came with a bunch of odd looking bits, most of which I've never used and have no idea what they might be used for. There is a metal sheer bit, but it doesn't look exactly like that, it is shorter and the V slit tapers together sharper..

I'm wondering if it isn't a feather/wedge setup for a hammer drill - except its missing the wedge.

Actually it's for separating exhaust pipes from one pressed into the other. Beat it in and twist with a wrench to curl the inner pipe

Reactions: Eatonpcat
Status
Not open for further replies.