What is my fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

78dave

Dec 18, 2019
Missouri
Maybe 20 years ago we had a zero clearance fireplace installed. This was not a pre-built but rather a modular fireplace that I have no idea of the brand. It had a large stainless steel firebox that was framed in and concrete back wall, side walls and grate. It was designed to not use a grate but rather build the fire on the raised prefab floor. It has a damper but that is on the top of the triple wall pipe on the roof. It has a lever to change the air input from under the floor to inside the room. After it was all built, the large stainless steel box was filled with vermiculite surrounding the concrete fireplace. Any ideas what this fieplace brand might be? It has been a great fireplace and my daughter wants one. Picture would only show the fireplace as all the rest is inside the framing.

Sounds interesting. A few pictures would help get the ball rolling.

It might have an ID tag inside the door frame somewhere..

It is probably an aherens fire or what ever sleepy hollow calls theirs. There is a new one on the market as well now.