Q&A What is the best Pellet Stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I have been burning pellets for about ten years. My current stove is a Jamestown, I am forever cleaning it just to keep it burning. The stove I had before it was a Scott it was a bottom feed and only needed cleaning about once a month. The problem I had with it was the pellet pot burned out twice in three years. I would look at another Scott but have been told they no longer make stoves. So I'm looking for suggestions on a good pellet stove with low maintenance and good burn times.

Answer:

As with many things, there is no "best", but there are a number of nice ones with good features.
Thelin has some really neat models with battery back-up and a pot belly look at the link off of http://www.thelinco.com/

Harman stoves makes some bottom feed units which are really heavy duty...check out their web site at www.harmanstoves.com

All these companies have been in business for a number of years and have good reputations in our industry - an important point when choosing a stove!

Status
Not open for further replies.