What is the brand/model of this stove? (picture attached)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dkofpm

Oct 8, 2008
VT
Can anyone identify this stove? I want to find out what BTU and efficiency is.

Thanks to all who can shed some light.

Cheers,

Cold in VT ;)

Attachments

• stove.jpg
    stove.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 813
Not a clue. Is that the upper liner hanging down in the 2nd. picture? There were a lot of machine shops/welding shops in the 70's that started making stoves during the energy crunch . They were not many(if any)laws governing the manufacture of stoves during that period so there are a bunch of no name stoves out there from that era. Is there a data plate anywhere? Any markings at all?

Thank for the reply. I got an email from Morso USA this morning which identified it as a Morso 1125. It has been out of production for over 25yrs! Morso does not offer any parts for this stove anymore but did include manuals which was very kind of them.

In regards to the second picture, what you see inside the stove is a screen and an piece of elbow pipe which I had put in there for storage.

Regards,

Dirk

Well clean it up and check it out! It won't be the most clean burning/efficient guy around but if it's sound then sand it,paint it and stay warm.

Email me at [email protected] for a pdf of the Morso 1125 "manual" -- more like an instruction sheet but better than nothing. BTW, some parts are still to be found with woodstove parts vendors around the country. The 1125 is a damn good stove that will pump out a ton of heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.