What is the most common replacement part for an Enviro M55 series?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bostonfan49

Minister of Fire
Nov 10, 2011
Essex Jct. Vermont
Now that I finally have my new convection fan installed, I am curious to know from other owners, what would be the most likely part to fail next. I would assume it would be the ignitor...depending on how you have your stove set with your T-stat. Beyond that I guess I am curious about the life span of the combustion motor? Thanks, Bill

No, the forced ignition systems like the one on your stove seem to last forever. I've never replaced one, though I have replaced the air pumps on various other brands...but never the M55. The M55 is rather new so the jury is still out. I'll go out on a limb and say the feed auger bushing or proof of fire switch

If you do the normal cleanings etc. the combustion blower gasket would be my guess. If that proof of fire switch is plastic then I'll go with that as number two.

If you do the normal cleanings etc. the combustion blower gasket would be my guess. If that proof of fire switch is plastic then I'll go with that as number two.
Thanks Smokey! So you are saying the gasket itself, more than the blower motor. I have not yet removed the blower to clean it completly so I would have to assume the gasket is fine for now. I did clean the blower out pretty good with the vac, a soft flexable brush, a tooth brush and shots of the electro- spray stuff. Oh, and I did clean out all 30' of my exhaust vent pipe plus the trap.

That gasket is very fragile and easy to ruin just taking the blower off to clean its blades, it is a consumable as far as I'm concerned. A lot of the folks on here have the sheet material and make their own gaskets. If you look around enough you might find pre-made ones for a reasonable amount.

It's Ceramic

It's Ceramic
Thanks MountainSean, so if the (proof of fire) switch is Ceramic, is it long lasting or should I keep one as a must have spare part? Thanks, Bill

I heard from some of my dealers the agitator bushing was an issue on some of the early serial #'s but it has been rectified.

Thanks MountainSean, so if the (proof of fire) switch is Ceramic, is it long lasting or should I keep one as a must have spare part? Thanks, Bill

Most Ceramic thermodiscs last next to forever. Making an exact prediction of the lifespan of any part that is consistently exposed to high temperature operating environments just isn't going to happen. I have sold people ceramic thermodiscs for replacements that had gone out in a couple of years and I have a 20 year old stove burning in my house with it's original ceramic thermodisc in it. If you want to make certain you have the parts that will fail the only thing to do is have a spare of everything on hand.

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
Most Ceramic thermodiscs last next to forever. Making an exact prediction of the lifespan of any part that is consistently exposed to high temperature operating environments just isn't going to happen. I have sold people ceramic thermodiscs for replacements that had gone out in a couple of years and I have a 20 year old stove burning in my house with it's original ceramic thermodisc in it. If you want to make certain you have the parts that will fail the only thing to do is have a spare of everything on hand.

Which is why a number of us keep spares of more than a couple of parts.

I also understand that you might want to do something about the agitator rubbing against build up in the burn pot, this might lead to problems with the agitator system.

All mechanical parts need regular attention for long life.

Status
Not open for further replies.