what is the operating noise level of an accentra?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amaralluis

Dec 14, 2005
Hi

I've tried to search with not luck but I was wondering if anyone tested the sound level of a standalone accentra in operation mode?
The manual doesnt say anything about noise level.
Thanks

I have an accentra insert, and when cranked up it can be very loud. while watching tv we turn the room temp down to throttle the dist. fan and it is really quiet

I have the Accentra insert and it is in my tv room. The stove is 4 ft from the Tv and while you can't turn it up all the way, Its very doable. The freestanding stove should be even better. Enjoy

I have one and it can get loud, I was wondering if someone actually measured the decibels of the beast running!

I saw something online once that had db rating of an air conditioner, I'd guess it's about the same. Google DB air conditioner says 67-69db?
Mike -

The db rating of a air conditioner has to do with the outside noise. It's all part of air pollution laws passed in the 70's Aince a pellet stove operates in the home, no one really cares as it only impacts you and your guests.

I would say that if the white noise created by any appliance may irritates you, perhaps you might consider something that isn't mechanical. Noisy? As compared to what? 60 db of crickets chirping is the same as 60 db of a drunk parent yelling at her kids…which irritates you more?

The Accentra, as with all Harmans, does make clinks, and claks from the slide plate and the air moving out of the unit, especially on medium to high levels is present. Neither of which are as noisy as a Quad burnpot.

Status
Not open for further replies.