What is the second most traded commodity?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The coffee clatch has it. We human beans loves our coffee.
Does that include the variety that is pooped out by civets?

Yes the Pooped out coffee is included - and very over rated IMO. It is no where near as good as many other micro farmed coffees around the world. Enjoying a nice Rwanda right now and expect 20lbs of central American and African varieties of green beans to be delivered today for the roaster.

Reactions: firebroad
Kopi Luwak coffee is claimed to be the most rare and best tasting coffee in the world. As I coffee snob I had to know. Bought a green pound and roasted it up. Smooth but nothing at all world class.

There are others as well that come from the same process:

Jukku Bird coffee from South America and some Black Elephant from Africa - Again - Good, but not great and not worthy of the prices they command.

Kopi Luwak coffee is claimed to be the most rare and best tasting coffee in the world. As I coffee snob I had to know. Bought a green pound and roasted it up. Smooth but nothing at all world class.
I would not be that curious, but I am glad you were the guinea pig. Don't suppose you had cicadas with that coffee?;sick

No -but I have eaten plenty of insects. I went to survival school - you learn a lot about wild edibles there

Reactions: firebroad
Status
Not open for further replies.