What is this disgusting larvae??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

albertj03

Minister of Fire
Oct 16, 2009
Southern Maine
I went over to my mother in law's this afternoon to cut down a Sugar Maple that had it's top snapped off by Irene. The top of the tree was pretty rotted but the rest of it was nice and solid. When I was splitting the wood I found the most disgusting looking larvae that I've never seen before. They were in a hole where it looks like there was a branch at one point that had rotted off the tree. If you look close you can see that they have tails on them and there was all kinds of tiny little ones squirming around. When I squished them the guts were bright white. Anyone have any idea what these thing are??

ec2a9d20.gif
f53db39d.gif

dbe57858.gif
ed166269.gif

Thanks for the help. Now I know what they are.

Maggots are generally gross but I've never seen any as disgusting as these things.

eeeeewwwww........

Fried up, probably tastes like popcorn chicken. Let us know.

albertj03 said:
Thanks for the help. Now I know what they are.

Maggots are generally gross but I've never seen any as disgusting as these things.

You need to see them where I live. They are the larval stage of our local politicians.

You need to see them where I live. They are the larval stage of our local politicians.
ROFLMAO that's a good one!

Those are the eggs of a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle..

:lol:

Ray

Box them up and go to your local bait shop to sell them. Those critters have a nick name called mousies and are great for ice fishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.