What is this gelatenous ball?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gzecc

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2008
NNJ
Walking back from the processing area to the house today in the rain and noticed this marble looking sphere. I touched it to see its hardness and it broke. Its marble size. Its under a norway maple tree. Any ideas?

Attachments

• gelatenous ball.jpg
    gelatenous ball.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 234
Chicken!

If we rule out alien poop, and we can rule out unicorn tears too, as they're not native to your part of the country, I'm gonna lean toward sap.

The outside gelled up as it was exposed to air and the inside got absorbed by the ground.

How big is it? Looks to me the size of a pencil eraser, but there's nothing for reference.

Last edited:
Just one question...Have you heard a moose sneeze recently?

Would have been even more funny if he would have picked it up with his bare hands. ;lol

If we rule out alien poop, and we can rule out unicorn tears too, as they're not native to your part of the country, I'm gonna lean toward sap.

The outside gelled up as it was exposed to air and the inside got absorbed by the ground.

How big is it? Looks to me the size of a pencil eraser, but there's nothing for reference.

Size of a marble

Stray bubble bath gels.

Status
Not open for further replies.